The Viticulture and Enology Graduate Group has waived the GRE for applications through May 15, 2021.
Applicants must apply online via the UC Davis Office of Graduate Studies. Additional information pertaining to University-wide admissions requirements is available on their website.
Application for Admission
- Deadlines: Applications open in October and the deadline to apply to the Viticulture & Enology graduate program is January 15, which is also the deadline for University Fellowship applications. For best consideration, please ensure all your application materials are received by the deadline, including letters and transcripts.
- Applications: Applications to the Master's Programs in Viticulture & Enology must be submitted online through the UC Davis Office of Graduate Studies. The statement of purpose, writing sample and letters of recommendation must be submitted via the online application process. No paper copies will be accepted. A CV or résumé are optional.
- Fellowships: Within the admission application, prospective students are able to apply for UC Davis fellowships. Access to the UC Davis Internal Fellowship section is only available after you have completed and submitted the admission application section. If applying for fellowships, you must also fill out and submit the fellowships application for new students by the fellowship deadline (also January 15).
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters are required. Once you have identified recommenders in your application, they will be sent a secure online submission link. Letters of recommendation will only be accepted via the online system. No paper letters will be accepted.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) - Waived through May 15, 2021: ALL applicants are required to take the General Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Scores must not be more than five (5) years old. Scores must be reported electronically to UC Davis. We strongly recommend that you plan to take your GRE examination no later than October.
GRE Institution Code: 4834
- Transcripts: UC Davis requires academic records from each college-level institution you have attended. You will be instructed to upload scanned copies of your transcripts after you have submitted your online application. For more details visit https://gradstudies.ucdavis.edu/submit-transcripts.
- Status: Your login to the application system will also allow you to monitor the status of your application once submitted. All inquiries concerning the status of applications for admission should be referred to the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Application fee: application fees for 2014 are $90.00 for domestic applications and $110.00 for international applications.
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants whose native language or language of instruction is not English must take the TOEFL or IELTS. Scores must not be more than two (2) years old.
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Exam with a minimum score of 550 for the paper test or 80 for the Internet-based test. Students with TOEFL iBT scores of 104 or below will be required to take an additional ESL examination once they start their graduate program here to determine their level of English ability and whether they would benefit from additional ESL coursework at UC Davis.
TOEFL Institutional code 4834
The Inter national English Language Testing System (IELTS) Exam - as an alternative to the TOEFL, you may submit scores from the Academic Modules of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) designed by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate and administered by the British Council worldwide. You are responsible for providing Graduate Studies with an official test report form showing the score you earned on your IELTS examination. Remember to order the TRF when you register to take the test. The minimum band score required for admission to graduate study at UC Davis is 7 on a 9-point scale.
- Additional information for International applicants can be found here.